Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Highly Sensitive Person

The physical book has been sitting on Mt. TBR for quite a while now, long enough that I've forgotten exactly how I came to possess it. It hasn't been registered with BookCrossing, and it doesn't have any store tags, so maybe it was a library sale find. Anyway, I rented the audio of this title, and I took the last few days to give it a listen. I have to say that I'm glad I have a hard copy, because there was just too much information for me to assimilate and remember it all.

Aron covers most of the major areas of life (and has written a few other books to elaborate on children and relationships): I found it to be pretty comprehensive, and hence useful in dealing with my own combination of sensitivities (I scored fairly high on her checklist). Someday, I want to go back and take a slower time with the book, and to pull some of the better quotes for further exploration.

Elaine Aron's site

No comments: