Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Man, busy day today...

only to find out that the hosted "campout" for this weekend is essentially off. I'll still get to see one set of friends, and hopefully have a good afternoon and evening with them. I was so disappointed to hear that the "it's about time" winter weather conditions would be what's keeping our other friend away. And it's doubly frustrating because it's her birthday on Saturday, and we were going to pull off a bang-up celebration.

Well, the upside is that I won't have to drive myself quite as hard with the housecleaning, which will mean a little more time for reading and writing.

Woo hoo.

I still had to make a trip to the grocery store, as I needed ingredients for the Devilled Eggs and the Artichoke Crab Dip that I'm to bring tomorrow for the family gathering. That helped me make a little more progress on Endangered Species. I believe I'm on disc 4 now.

So, as promised, here is my review forBest Advice on Life After the Baby Arrives:

I've been a member of iVillage from about a year after its inception (in '95). I've pretty much always found its content useful, and it's one of my primary internet resources when I'm looking for the latest findings regarding health. I did not, however, rely on it as much for new parenting help; now that I've read this book, I wish I had checked into that section more often. The book includes a wide breadth of topics, but doesn't go very deep with them. This is actually a plus for the new parents who can't make the time to read. Also, the physically small format makes it a good candidate for reading while captive during feeding time ;)

I'll spend one more round with this book, filling in a few tips of my own, before I put it in the next package for my sister.

No comments: