Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #9: 13 Things I Miss Most About My Pre-Motherhood Life


Thirteen Things about Marina




1. Ability to read more books and
2. reviewing them (quantity and quality).
3. Going to book groups.
4. Writing in general ("real" blogging and letters).
5. Online conversations with other book lovers.
6. Trading books with people from all over the U.S.A.
7. Space I had for books and writing.
8. Browsing for hours at the library,
9. and in bookstores.
10. Reading challenging/difficult material (as opposed to fluffy/cozy mysteries--not that they aren't good writing--sometimes I just need different brain cells engaged, yanno?
11. Staying up 'til the wee hours to finish a good book.
12. Being able to read (or write, or type) without anything attached to one of my boobs.
13. The quiet. The blessed, blessed quiet.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. aliceaudrey shows us 13 OMG pictures
2. after hours offers moms some sage and outrageously funny advice to get through one's day
3. Twisted Cinderella talks about how having a newborn reschedules one's day
4. Anna posts her first T13 and introduces herself
5. Sue answers two memes and posts 13 facts about herself
6. Nicholas lists 5-word titled books
7. Sheri tells us about her "Stupid Injuries"
8. fickleminded didn't post a T13, but invited me to her new photo meme

9. [you're next!]




The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep is the big thing for me. 12 years later, I still don't get enough.

After Hours said...

When your kids aren't attached to your boob anymore, they re-attach somewhere else:) Pre-motherhood seems like lightyears away and it's only been 3. Books without pictures are almost a mystery. And sleep is something that would be greatly appreciated if I just wasn't so tired to find it!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Boy do I get this!! Great TT!

Anna said...

I miss reading a lot of books, too. I spend too much time beading and computing and by the time I get to bed to read a bit, I'm too tired to get beyond a few pages!

Susan Cook said...

Great list. I don't read as much as I used to either. Thanks for sharing & thanks for stopping by mine. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

But I bet you wouldn't swap motherhood for anything!

Anonymous said...

Trust me, it gets better! My youngest is about to turn 11, and I so miss some of the baby stuff.

Anonymous said...

i can spend my day browsing the library and the bookstore.

Anonymous said...

:: hugs :: I don't know if it will get better or not. But I do feel for you. I miss reading and I don't have kids. With kids I think it would be impossible.