Thursday, October 23, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Coupling



[note: when I first saw the theme on Wednesday night, I sketched out my response, and it would appear that I completely misunderstood the intent, and I didn't look at the source link to see what sort of answers were generated. I've provided authors and not characters. If I have time this weekend, I may amend this to reflect a more accurate answer.]

"Monica suggested this one:
Got this idea from Literary Feline during her recent contest:
“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”

Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Robert Browning.
Why? Their romance (secret relationship, her health issues, the age difference) appealed to my young teen self many years ago, and I suppose they just hold a special place in my heart. IMHO, I think their story could go big-screen (it's one of my weirder lottery fantasies, not so much about writing the screenplay, but producing it), but I'd hope for a British production, as I think they'd be less likely to mangle one of their own.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Actually, now that I think about it, your answer makes more sense. They ARE a literary couple. LOL