Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The latest book-crunching at Hearth Bookwoman

I'm going to Panera tonight for the BookCrossing meeting, and have (so far) registered 8 books (and hope to get through 7 more), and have pulled 3 others to release from my available shelf. So, if I can manage to get all of these distributed, that will be another month that I've cleared out 10+ books from my shelves. I never made it official, but I'm shooting for a goal of wild-releasing a minimum of 100 books this year; today's batch brings me to a grand total of 96. Maybe I should shoot for 200?

It looks as though I'm going to have a very hard time meeting my reading goal (100 books in 2007), even if I start filling time with books in the Chicken Soup series. I won't resort to counting Anthony's board books, I swear. I did manage to finish my "Canon" selection 3 whole days early.

Grapes of Wrath (Steinbeck)=#35 for the year. It will be interesting to see if I'm the only one who thought that this was a pretty depressing story. If I can, I'll write up a review before I attend the discussion on Thursday.

In today's mail, I received a book I'd ordered last week: You Can Do It! The Merit Badge Handbook for Grown-Up Girls. For a buck, it was a great deal, and it's in fantastic shape. Not sure when I'll let myself dig into it, but I'm hoping it can provide some sort of framework within which I can work.

No comments: