Wednesday, December 10, 2008

T13 #8: Thirteen Things I Haven't Done to Prepare for The Holidays



1. Mail cards (I haven't done this for a few years, I think I'll shock people into falling over if it happens now)

2. Buy tree (we usually wait until the last minute for this anyway)

3. Decorate house (all the decorations are packed together, so it just makes sense to do it all at once)

4. Take kids to have pictures with Santa (since A's in school midday, this will be tricky to do during the week)

5. Baking (haven't done this for a few years, but really need to, with all A's teachers and therapists to do something for)

6. Check wrapping supplies (I don't go through much from year to year, but there seems to always be something I run short on)

7. Schedule sitter for Boxing day (will have to try and talk Grandpa into it, R will be out of town)

8. Figure out who gets what size portrait of kids (I have A's pre-haircut, A's school, and A and M's studio portraits to package and mail, some with frames)

9. Wrapped any purchased presents (One came pre-wrapped, so I can't really take credit for it)

10. Found outfits for Santa pics (I may need to go with something other than cutesy/coordinated)

11. Shop for stocking stuffers (these don't count against the "no presents for each other or for homestead" rule this year)

12. Figure out what to bring for Christmas Eve dinner (not sure if I'll be expected to fill in for MIL's standard contribution)

13. Color my hair so I don't look older than DH's aunts (seriously--now that I'm not pregnant, it should take just fine)





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



22 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have lots to keep you busy. Careful not to overdo.
Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

The holidays can be so stressful, but thankfully, I'm done and ready. Except for #1. I hate doing the Christmas cards. Ugh!

Happy TT!

sobeit said...

I am so behind...I keep forgetting the Christmas Card! Thanks for the reminder! Happy TT!

sobeit
http://sobeit89.squarespace.com

Anonymous said...

Guess what! We haven't done any of those things either. We all get things accomplished at our own different speeds.

Carol said...

Yay! 'Cause I haven't done any of those things, either! I'm usually all finished by the first weekend in December, but that's passed now, hasn't it?

I'm in serious trouble. I can feel it.

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

I hate feeling behind in my Christmas things, it gets too stressful.

bernieg1 said...

Everyone feels like they are behind at Christmas. I think we should all start preparing and buying in January through November so we can break in December for Christmas!

Have a great TT!


My TT Forbidden Fruit is up.

Lori said...

I can so relate...but hey, we did get our Christmas lights up:) Happy TT.

soleil said...

i don't do half those things! but i am very much wanting to bak this year. thanks for stopping by. happy tt!

Denise Patrick said...

I have done absolutely nothing yet for Christmas. Want to know why? Visit my TT!

Anonymous said...

Busy days ahead!!I hope you manage well. Happy TT!

Lori said...

Yikes! I'd say you'd better get started today. Time is slowly ticking away . . .

Anonymous said...

The days are ticking away, aren't they? Will you get all these things done? Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! We're also looking at houses to move this season, so it's even more fun!

Happy T13!

Tink said...

You won't be bored these coming weeks, enough to do! ;-)
Thanks for visiting my TT.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun things going on this holiday! Good for you! I hope it all works out easy...

After Hours said...

Yeah, I still need to mail out se cards with pics of the kids but I just don't want to. I guess I am actually THAT lazy.
I hope you conquer your list:)

Jean Bauhaus said...

We haven't done the first two yet, either. I do have other decorations up around the house, though. But there's still so much left to do. Good luck getting your list done, and happy TT!

Krystall said...

I haven't done any of those either. Well, my boyfriend's father came over and decorated the front door (he does that kind of stuff for a living), but I don't know if that actually counts??

tommie said...

those are a bunch of things to check off....hope you find your balance!

thanks for visiting my TT

Thorne said...

Honey, your list makes me tired! LOL Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll need a vacay after the holidays.