Saturday, July 28, 2007

I am SO doing this next year:

Blogathon

But for now, two of my very dear friends (both of whom just happen to be biker-chick/authors) continue to blog through the night until 8 AM Central time.

Linda's primary theme at Raven's Roads consists of places she's been, or wants to visit. To fill in the gaps, she's written some pretty interesting "7 Things..." blurbs. Aside from the blogathon, she's currently focusing on travel and history, but she's also written a fantasy novel. Her charity is Christian Children's Fund.

ETA: Linda's having a contest on her blog...
the prizes:
A Matchbox HeroCity playset–a garage with a little dump truck.
A Fisher-Price bathtime book. It is vinyl and made for little kids to take into the tub.
Here’s what you have to to win them.

Blog about this site one more time (or for the first time.)
Tell people about the contest.
Come back here and post the link to the plug.
Say why you think one of these two prizes would be great and, if you want, who’s getting the prize.

Phelan at Homesteading Neophyte is focusing on food and blogging for Farm Aid. In her efforts to be published, she's written horror, dark fantasy, and poetry.

Both of them have some pretty cool contests going; some are for sponsorships, others for contest entries. Linda has a copy of her book "A Little Twist of Texas" and Phelan has Willie shwag (yes, THAT Willie).

You don't need to tell them I sent you (there's no contest for referrals, as far as I know), but do introduce yourself. They're exceptionally cool women.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This year wsa very tough for me, dunno why:) I had hoped that more friends would have been awake and with me on yahoo or other messengers, so it would have been like an "online pajama party," and good conversations could have elicited great blog posts etc... and well... that didn't happen.

I have to admit that I am very glad that you stopped by and kept leaving such great comments to my posts and showing interest and support in the topic I was blogging about!!

Thank you very much:)

Marina said...

You're very welcome!

Unknown said...

Hi Marina! I'm not sure if your comment on Against Depression was an entry or not, but if it was, you're the winner! I just can't figure out how to get in touch with you! Just let me know if you want the book and it's yours!

Marina said...

breeni--Thanks! I've sent my mailing address from my gmail account.

Anonymous said...

G'day Marina! I linked back to you on the last TT13 at Markeroni.

As you well know :-P I have two TTs:

http://www.markeroni.com/blog/
http://www.ravensroads.com

Somehow this purple seems to fit you.