Sunday, October 7, 2007

Danse Macabre, Peril the First

I wanted to include a non-fiction book into this challenge, and I've been wanting to read this one for a while (aside from the fact that it was published over 25 years ago). The problem I have in general with reading non-fiction is the fact that I wind up with exponentially more books to read. This book was no exception; I believe that I have at least 5 pages of notes documenting more books to read, or movies to see. So, if I die unhappy, it will be because I couldn't finish them all.

I really wish that King would write another volume of this, I'd love to read his take on how the horror genre has evolved in the nearly 30 years since Danse Macabre came out, and I'd like to see what he has to say about current authors, graphic novels, and perhaps some commentary on the flavor of societal violence we're seeing now.

No comments: